HEC Attestation Degree Attestation - Higher Education Commission online Procedure & Requirements: Degree Verification/Attestation Universities Degree BS MS Msc PhD Bsc for all university
Documents Required: Original Degree for verification (By degree I mean Bachelors or higher), SSC and
HSSC Certificates for verification and NOT Mark Sheets. Provisional certificate (Optional and not
recommended), Photocopies of CNIC.
For HEC attestation you don’t require any other attestation but you need to present your original degrees
or certificates of Matric and FSc for just verification. First of all you have to fill in a form online
(www.hec.edu.pk) for degree attestation. You will have to provide your CNIC number which would be
your username on that website, for your application. Always remember your password because you can't
make another account and password recovery isn't easy on that website.
Once you have filled the form, select a date and time on which you wish to go to the HEC office for
attestation. Now it looks convenient, but the issue is, you don't get free slots. When I filled the form, I
wasn't able to get free slot even after 2 weeks as all the slots were reserved. After getting an appointment
and token, you just have to take all the required documents there and have to submit them.
Now there is another way which is more convenient. And I will strongly recommend that.
1. Register yourself on the official website of HEC. But do not get an appointment.
2. Appear the HEC office very next day after the submission of Certificates (HSSC+SSC) in IBCC. HEC
office is located in H-9 (Very near to IBCC)
3. Try to reach as early as possible. Let’s say 7am.
4. Note that you don’t haven’t collected your SSC+HSSC certificates from IBCC yet.
5. And you also don’t have an appointment. Get the token and you will be sent to Computer Lab to
fill in the form. Mention the degrees and number of photocopies you want to be attested. Fees is
800 PKR per original Degree (BSc or Higher) or transcript and 500 PKR per photocopy (In my case
I had one Bachelor’s degree, one Transcript, 2 photocopies of both. So I paid 800+800+500+500
= 2600 PKR). Printout the Application form along with Challan form and get out of the Lab.
6. Reason behind “as early as possible” story is that HEC issues only 250 tokens a day for those who
visit without appointment. And Voila! You have just secured a Token.
7. Next step is to go towards verification window which is no. 2. But as you don’t have your SSC+HSSC
certificates yet. So take a chill pill till 11am.
8. Leave the HEC and reach the IBCC no later than 11am. Take a cab or something. Or just go by foot.
Its just a 20 mins walk.
9. Collect your documents from IBCC and get back to HEC.
10. Now go to window no. 2 when your token number is called. In case your number is skipped simply
walk to that window and tell them, they will call you again.
11. Now you are on window no. 2. Officer will verify your originals and photocopies and will allow you
to submit the fees.
12. There is a Bank window next to it. Submit the fees
13. Attached remaining copies of your challan form with the application form.
14. Proceed towards window no. 4 and submit all of your documents. (and fell halka phulka)
15. You are done for now. Go to Khokha near HEC, have some samosas pakoras.
16. They will start returning documents on the same day after 4pm. Collect ‘em.